Becoming a teacher in Nevada overview…
Nevada values education and it shows. Teachers in Nevada earn one of the top salaries in comparison to the cost of living. With increasing standards and requirements, the demand for new highly qualified teachers is high. Due to the shift in these benchmarks, both current and future educators can take advantage of the changing environment while focusing on teaching future generations with excellence. Join the team of educators in Nevada today and begin transforming the future!
Explore Nevada Teaching Information
Choose a Link Below
Joining the teaching industry In Nevada…
Nevada understands new requirements means additional roles and positions. This is an excellent time to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in education. The process to becoming a teacher in Nevada is as simple as contacting the schools below and inquire how to make the dream into reality.
Another benefit to teaching in Nevada; generous vacation time – up to fifteen weeks per calendar year, outstanding benefits and 401K programs. Depending on the goals and desires of a teacher in Nevada, this break can be used to further education through additional educational training or by earning a master’s degree. A master’s degree is an excellent way to gain additional skills and tools needed to continue working towards a career step, on both personal and professional levels.
The Next Steps and the Journey Ahead…
After the decision has been made to become a future leader Nevada and the subject area of interest, determining the school that fits the needs and goals is the next step. Most schools today offer multiple programs to mold around life’s demands. Regardless of earning a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or a teacher’s certification, the schools below offer diverse options.
These steps will guide the way to becoming a teacher in Nevada as well as learning the options per degree. Researching and contacting as many schools as possible, will ensure all credit hours and requirements are outlined prior to starting a program.
- All states require earning a bachelor’s degree. The state of Nevada does require additional course work or credit hours. It is highly recommended to seek these requirements from the schools below.
- Nevada does accept teaching credentials from other states. Contacting the schools below will complete this step.
- Completing the state approved preparation program.
- Complete the appropriate Praxis II exams (these vary per subject).
- Last but not least, contact several schools and gather as much information as possible gain understanding of programs and certificates offered in these degrees. Learn the steps involved in earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nevada, while utilizing their positions as leaders in education!
The time is now. Earn a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in Nevada and be apart of the exciting transformation. A beginning teacher in can gain invaluable experience and tools from current educators while applying modern concepts into a classroom. Current educators can advance into leadership roles and help propel schools by earning a master’s degree. The time is now. Become a teacher in Nevada today! Ready. Set. Go!
Colleges and Unversities in Nevada with Teacher Education Preparation Programs
1500 College Pky
Elko, NV 89801
4505 S Maryland Pky
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154
Reno, NV 89557