Becoming a teacher in Virginia overview…
With a thriving and diverse economy, Virginia has endless possibilities. Employing a large amount of educators, with excellent salaries, becoming a teacher in Virginia has never a poor choice. The people within the communities all place high standards on education, which has resulted in the state of Virginia’s recognition as continually ranking within the ten best educational systems nation wide. The Standards of Learning was established to hold educators accountable, which resulted in increased school attendance, test scores and graduation rates to name a few. Begin the exciting career in education as a teacher in Virginia today!
Joining the teaching industry In Virginia…
Completing a degree in education within Virginia begins taking a moment to gain knowledge and understand all requirements involved with becoming a teacher in Virginia. Becoming an educator in Virginia showcases the proud history and diversity focusing on empowering the people through education. Due to a competitive environment, earning a master’s degree or PhD is highly recommended. By earning a master’s degree or higher, ensures future opportunities are within reach and career growth is obtainable.
Virginia gives loan assistance to educators interested in areas that lack either teachers or subject areas. This is a great opportunity to educate students who are as equally eager to learn, while receiving financial assistance for school loans. It is recommended when contacting the schools below, to search these subject areas prior to beginning a program.
It doesn’t end there. Teachers in Virginia are rewarded up to fifteen weeks of vacation per calendar year, outstanding benefits and 401K programs. Depending on the goals and desires of a teacher in Virginia, this vacation time can be used to further education through additional teaching certificates or by earning a master’s degree. A master’s degree is an excellent way to excel in multiple areas within the educational arena on both personal and professional levels.
The Next Steps and the Journey Ahead to Become a Teacher in Virginia…
Determining the area of interest to teach and the path to accommodate both personal and professional obligations, becoming a teacher in Virginia can be accomplished through several avenues. Most commonly is earning a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or a teachers certificate in teaching. The path should be challenging yet gratifying, much like teaching. Today, current technology has provided future educators the advantage of earning a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, regardless of proximity to campuses or schedule conflicts. With more online degree programs focused on tailoring classes to fit needs of modern day people, there has never been a better time to embark on the journey to become a teacher in Virginia.
Outlined below are steps to help make informative and educated decisions while on the path to becoming a teacher Virginia. Moreover, it is essential to research and contact as many schools as possible. Doing so will ensure all credit hours and requirements are outlined prior to starting a program.
- All states require earning a bachelor’s degree. The state of Virginia does require additional course work or credit hours. Checking with the school of choice will provide current guidelines per subject.
- Virginia generally accepts teaching credentials from other states. It is recommended to check with the department of education within the State of Virginia on exact credentials is recommended. Contacting the schools below may also complete this step.
- Completing the state approved preparation program.
- Complete VCLA (Virginia communication and literacy), Praxis II exam (subject test in specific subject area), as well as Praxis series reading for Virginia educators (RVE). These exams are determined by subject area.
- In conclusion, but equally important as the steps above, research and contact a number of schools to learn what programs and certificates they offer in these programs. Learn the steps involved in earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Virginia while utilizing their resources for your future teaching program!
Thankfully, advancements in technology and the importance of education have given education new parameters. With these movements, a teacher in Virginia can earn a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, administration, or a teacher’s certification regardless of obstacles that may exist. The schools below offer several choices to become a teacher in Virginia while focusing on the overall experience and convenience. These schools also offer advanced degree programs, such as a master’s degree in education, for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree in education. Gain invaluable expertise from the current educators, while strategically positioning for the future. Begin the exciting journey as a teacher in Virginia today!