Becoming a teacher in South Dakota overview…
Educators in South Dakota can count two key factors; working within a state that is in high demand for teachers and home to one of the highest number of school districts in the nation. Becoming a teacher in South Dakota will have its challenges, like lower teaching salaries. However, the cost of living in South Dakota is much less compared to most states, which offsets the difference in salaries. The fact is, South Dakota needs teachers now. Earn a degree in education, bachelor’s or master’s, and begin a journey of pride and accomplishments today!<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Explore South Dakota Teaching Information
Choose a Link Below
Joining the teaching industry In South Dakota…
With the supply and demand chain working in favor of one becoming a teacher in South Dakota, there has never been a better time to research the schools below and learn how this exciting path can lead into a role in education. Educators in South Dakota have options in both scholarships and signing bonuses. This reflects the high need of teachers in South Dakota.
In addition, teachers in South Dakota are given up to fifteen weeks vacation per calendar year, outstanding benefits and 401K programs. Depending on the goals and desires of a teacher in South Dakota, this break can be used to further opportunities through additional educational training or by earning a master’s degree. A master’s degree is an excellent way to gain additional skills and tools needed to continue working towards a career step, on both personal and professional levels.
The Next Steps and the Journey Ahead to Become a Teacher in South Dakota…
Contacting the schools below will help determine what type of degree is needed, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or a teaching certification, while focusing on the level of education of interest. Determining the level – elementary education, secondary education, high school, special education, administration – will carve a well thought out, diverse educational plan.
The steps below are provided to assist one on the way to becoming a teacher in South Dakota, as well as learning the options per degree. Researching and contacting as many schools as possible ensures all credit hours and requirements are met prior to starting a program.
- All states require earning a bachelor’s degree. The state of South Dakota does not require additional course work or credit hours.
- South Dakota will accept teaching credentials from other states. Contacting the schools below will complete this step.
- Completing the state approved preparation program.
- Complete appropriate Praxis II exams in specialty area.
- Finally, contact several schools and gather as much information as possible gain understanding of programs and certificates offered in these degrees. Learn the steps involved in earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree in South Dakota, while utilizing their positions as leaders to further your education!
The prideful journey to become a teacher in South Dakota begins today. Make South Dakota a place to be remembered. Ready. Set. Learn!